The second week of the SuCCESS workshops to support the capacity building of the South American teachers and researchers is almost starting. The focus of these training workshops will be on sharing scientific information and experiences on public security, criminology, and other themes pertinent to each South American university, as well as the need for multidisciplinary teaching approaches.
The second-week program will be as follows:
- 22nd November: The topic of this session is Crime and juvenile justice (“Delincuencia y justicia juvenil”) and will be coordinated by Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha and the University of Porto.
- 24th November: This workshop will be coordinated by the University of Porto and the University of Granada and will explore the subject of Methods and techniques of research in criminology (1st ed.) (“Métodos y técnicas de investigación en criminología (1º edição)”).
- 24th November: The session will be coordinated by Universidad of Granada and the University of Minho. Together they will discuss Penology and penitentiary law (“Penología y derecho penitenciario”).
- 24th November: The topic of this session is Victimology (“Victimología”) and will be coordinated by Universidad Miguel Hernández and the University of Minho.
- 26th November: The workshop will be coordinated by Universidad of Granada and the University of Porto. Together they will discuss the Specific forms of criminality (“Formas específicas de criminalidad”).