During these last months, our European and South American partners have worked together in expanding the knowledge in the fields of criminology and public safety by programming a series of Webinars. Throughout these days, the European teams presented some content and their overall research based on the information previously gathered on the needs and competencies of the consortium.
All of the webinars happened in the online format due to the pandemic situation we are facing. However, that didn’t stop our partners from taking full advantage of this learning opportunity to share knowledge and discuss the challenges and contributions in the different areas of criminology.
The date and the entity responsible for each Webinar were the following:
- 13th of November – It all started with the presentation from Miguel Hernandez University in Elche that led the session about “Training and research in criminology and public security: South American needs and European capabilities”. This webinar was a result of the data collected to know the “State of Art” in terms of criminology of all the countries involved.
- 18th of November – the webinar was presented by the Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha about “Criminological research on children and young people”.
- 20th of November – our partner at the University of Porto presented the Webinar related to the assessment of needs in criminology.
- 27th of November – the University of Minho coordinated this webinar where they discussed many themes including the challenges of victimology, multiculturalism, and criminal justice.
- 2nd of December – the University Catholica of Porto presented this webinar. During that session, they explored some criminology issues like drug politics, the detention of foreign women in Portugal, violence, and sexism, and many more.
- 4th of December – on this day, the University Miguel Hernández coordinated the online webinar about “El método CRÍMINA. Proyectos y caracteres que solucionan un centro de investigación”.
- 10th of December – The last webinar was presented by the University of Granada. During this session, many exciting topics about criminology were discussed.
As we come to the end of the webinar season, we are glad to say that the sessions exceeded our expectations. They were a tremendous SuCCESS!
After the last session, all records of the webinars will be available on our YouTube channel! Stay tuned and subscribe to our channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWrrn7dEk3IA4LIaJnQCDTQ.
Meanwhile, for more information about the webinars check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Criminology-teaching-Success-Erasmus-project-104031541382397/